New Patient Forms
PSM is proud to provide our new patient forms. Please print it, then bring it with you to your appointment. Please make sure to fill it out as completely as you can, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Specialty Service Patients (Surgery, Internal Medicine) are seen by appointment. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time if admission and history forms need to be completed prior to seeing the doctor. You may download and fill out these forms in advance if you prefer to do so.
- Emergency Service Patients are seen without appointments and order of evaluation and care is determined based on triage of pet condition rather than order of arrival. All pets and clients will be seen as soon as possible.
Please help us be prepared to care for your pet by completing the below forms. You may print it out, complete it, and bring it with you.
- Please bring all your pet’s current medications with you. If you pet stays in the hospital we will use existing medications whenever possible in order to minimize care costs. If your pet is not staying in the hospital, it is helpful for us to verify medication names and doses.
- If your pet is expected to stay in the hospital, and requires special food please bring some of the food with you. We have medical diets available but feeding a familiar food will help make your pet comfortable and content while at the hospital.
- You may bring a blanket, T-shirt or other special item from home to make your pet comfortable during hospitalization. The item will be placed in the hospital cage with your pet. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to remove these items when they become soiled or if your pet’s care is hampered in some way. We will make our best effort to clean the item and return it to you when your pet goes home but Pet Specialists of Monterey is not responsible for loss or damage to any item left at the hospital.
- If your pet is hospitalized we make every effort to allow daily visits. In accordance with California laws and for your own safety and that of your pet and other pets in the hospital we cannot allow pet owners into the hospitalization wards or treatment areas. We will bring your pet to the waiting room or to an examination room for a visit whenever possible. The length of visits may be limited due to required pet care and or due to limited space.